As mentioned in a previous post, the lovely Charlotte – My crazy New York post-grad life has nominated me for The Liebster Award..
As far as I am aware, The Liebster Award (‘Liebster’ meaning ‘favourite’ in German apparently??) helps to get the smaller blogs out there noticed – specifically blogs with 200 or less followers. In order to officially accept this award, I am required to do the following things;
- Thank the person who nominated me and provide a link back to their blog
- Answer the 10 questions which have been set by the nominator
- Spread the love for smaller blogs by nominating my favourite 10 blogs with less than 200 followers
- Notify the 10 people whose blogs I have nominated and set them 10 questions to answer
Firstly, a big thanks to Charlotte for nominating me! I love catching up with her blog and never get tired of hearing about her crazy adventures/dramas living in NYC. I think that on some weird level, her blog allows me to pretend I am living my dream life in the big apple (Well, It is a cheaper option than actually relocating).
Next, answering the questions set by Charlotte;
- If you could go back in time to any time period, when would it be and why?
I would go back to 2006 which was my last year at high school. I would experience my school formal dance all over again as well as the notorious sixth year holiday to Mallorca which was a chance for everyone to let their hair down and it brought everyone together. I wouldn’t change a thing; I would just make the most of being young and carefree again.
- What is your biggest fear?
I guess this would be that when you die – you just DIE! How disappointing would that be?! I prefer to think happy thoughts; that there is a ‘heaven’ where we all reunite with our loved ones, float about on fluffy clouds and live happily ever after for an eternity.
- What do you think is your best personal trait?
Anyone who really knows me will know that I completely dependable. I try to value all my friendships and make an effort to be there for all my friends whether it be giving them advice or listening to their problems – even if it is 4 o’clock in the morning, they know that I’m only a phone call away.
- Hot or cold weather?
Definitely hot hot hot! I always feel the cold no matter where I am; You could plank me on a desert in Dubai and I’d still complain about feeling the cold – so I would always opt for a hot climate. Also, (maybe this only applies to Scotland seeing as we hardly ever see the sun) I always find that people are much happier and mellower when the sun is out.
- Favourite food?
I love a good curry! So much so, that every Friday night in my house is curry night! From a mild korma to a spicy Madras I love ’em all! ♥ I also have my local Indian takeaway on speed dial 😉 Sad but true!
- Who is your current celebrity crush?
I am still a little obsessed with HBO’s True Blood – probably because there’s sooo much guy candy in every episode! At the minute I particularly love Joe Manganiello who plays Alcide; with his rugged good looks and gorgeous brown eyes he is just thee perfect man. Uh! I’m so over Bill and Eric!
Seriously.. who wouldn’t love this face?!
7. What is the main philosophy by which you live your life?
I don’t have a philosophy as such. I try to do what makes me happy and avoid things that don’t. Easier said than done I know, but in the bigger scale of things I think that if you try to do what makes you happy and surround yourself with people who make you happy then you won’t go wrong.
- If you could be any animal, what would you be and why?
Easy! I would have to be a wolf so that I could run wild with Alcide in our little wolf pack 😉
- What is your favourite movie genre?
I love horror movies! Strangely enough, I love having the bejesus scared out of me! I can remember being in primary school and each weekend, all the girls in our class would go round to each others houses for a sleepover. We loved watching scary films – particularly Nightmare on Elm Street and the Scream movies, we would hide in our sleeping bags at the scary parts and were still terrified for hours after the film had finished – eventually someone would have to get up and put on a Disney movie just to get us back to a happy place! Ahhhhh… Disney! 😀
- What is your favourite part about blogging?
I think that there’s something so therapeutic about getting your thoughts and ideas out there so that other people can read them. I love pressing the publish button and waiting to see what people think about what I’ve written.
Finally, for my 10 favourite blogs which I think are deserving of this award;
Ten questions I would like to ask them;
- What made you start your blog?
- What is your greatest lifetime achievement to date and why?
- Who has inspired you most and why?
- What is your favourite book and why?
- Do you have a party trick and if so what is it?
- Who is your style icon?
- What is your favourite drink?
- If you were hosting a dinner party which three people would you invite (living or deceased) and why?
- If you won one million pounds on the lottery what would you do with the winnings?
- What is the most romantic thing anyone has ever done for you?
I’m now off to spread the love for the little blogs! ♥